Well, yesterday’s leak turned out to be when Fuji Australia “accidentally” published their three new X-Series cameras on the product page. The Fujifilm X-Pro2, X70, and X-E2s were officially announced last night, and they look to be much better than their predecessors.
First, the Fujifilm X-Pro2 has a hybrid viewfinder which is optical or EVF, and can easily be switched between the two. It also has a much higher resolution than the X-Pro1 had (as it should, seeing how the X-Pro1 is four years old). It also has a well-positioned shutter speed dial on the front of the camera, making it classic looking and useful for photographers.
The Fujifilm X70 is the new and impressive little brother to the Fujifilm X100, in that it is smaller, and is the lightest X-Series camera with an APS-C sized sensor. This will certainly be on my radar when looking for a second camera that has an amazing X-Trans APS-C sized image sensor.
And personally, I am the most excited about the news of the X-E2s (primarily because currently I shoot with the Fujifilm X-E2) which has a vastly improved Autofocus system with a 77-point AF area and improve and faster EVF.
Below I have put together the official features directly from Fujifilm’s product site for the X-Pro 2, X70, and X-E2s, as well as their prices on Amazon.
Please consider purchasing any of the cameras through our Amazon Affiliate links to help support Precise-Moment.com.
Enjoy, and have a great and long weekend!
Features of The X-Pro 2
- 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III sensor.
- New X Processor Pro image processing engine, with 4x the processing speed of conventional image processing engines.
- The world’s first Advanced Hybrid Multi Viewfinder offering the benefits of both optical and electronic viewfinders.
- New focal plane shutter with a top speed of 1/8000 sec., and flash sync up to 1/250 sec.
- Robust, weather resistant body made from four pieces of magnesium alloy and sealed in a total of 61 points on each section, making it dust-proof, splash-proof and capable of operating in temperatures as low as -10°C. In addition, it has dual SD card slots, for more reliable image storage.
Click link to purchase Fujifilm X-Pro 2 Body Professional Mirrorless Camera (Black)
Features of The X70
- FUJINON 18.5mm F2.8 lens
- Weighing approximately 340g, the X70 is the lightest X-Series camera with an APS-C sized sensor.
- Compact body with an APS-C sized X-Trans CMOS II sensor and EXR Processor II image processing engine. Key technologies that deliver the high-quality images unique to X-Series models have been compressed into a pocket-sized body.
- The first 180-degree tilting touchscreen LCD in an X-Series camera. The X70 also features a touchscreen LCD; also a first for the X-Series.
Click links to purchase the Fujifilm X70 Digital Camera (Black)
Fujifilm X70 Digital Camera (Silver)
Features of The Fujifilm X-E2s
- Compact, rangefinder-style and lightweight body features improved grip and dials for easy operation.
- Real-Time Viewfinder with a magnification of 0.62x and a display lag time of just 0.005sec, the X-E2S has a large and fast viewfinder. It offers a clear and high-definition live view thanks to the new 2.36million dot organic EL electronic viewfinder.
- The X-E2S has a maximum ISO setting of 51200 achieved by combining the processor’s noise reduction function with the technology for mounting circuit boards to reduce noise in high sensitivity images.
- New AF system with Zone and Wide/Tracking modes for easy capture of moving subjects. The AF system offers the standard 49-point Single Point mode for fast, precise focusing and the new Zone and Wide/Tracking modes that use a larger 77-point area to capture moving subjects.
Click links to purchase the Fujifilm X-E2S Body Mirrorless Camera (Black)Fujifilm X-E2S Mirrorless Camera w/XF18-55 Lens Kit (Black)Fujifilm X-E2S Mirrorless Camera w/XF18-55 Lens Kit (Silver)Fujifilm X-E2S Body Mirrorless Camera (Silver)
Leave a Reply